The City adopted a 'Smart City Framework and Implementation Plan' to the 2017 Strategic Plan funded by Measure E - all with a goal of systematic identification and adoption of technological, communication and process improvements. To date, West Sacramento has implemented a number of smart cities technologies, such as using predictive analytics to improve public safety, those efforts have typically occurred in isolation. During the Readiness Workshop, more than 60 city officials, community leaders and smart cities experts will work together to develop leadership and plot a new city roadmap that brings initiatives together and uses them as a strong foundation to improve West Sacramento’s livability, workability and sustainability.
The day’s agenda includes:
- A baseline assessment of key issues facing the city and progress to date toward resolving them
- An overview of foundational smart cities principles
- A review of relevant case studies from other pioneering cities
- Small-group discussions in targeted areas to use as a base for short- and long-term action plans
- Networking and knowledge sharing
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to play a valuable role in guiding the future of West Sacramento